1 – Your Agreement with the Company
- Applicable Law: You agree to be bound by the European laws as part of your contract with the Company, regardless of any conflicting laws or provisions.
- If an individual attempting to sign up for PLETORY is engaged in actions such as mechanical access to the service system, account theft, provision of false information, or abuse of service details, the Company may reject or suspend their application, terminate the service contract, or restrict their service use for a specified period of time as necessary.
2 – Posting and Amending Terms
3 – PLETORY IP Content and User Content
- « PLETORY IP (Intellectual Property) Content » includes all works (avatar, item, video, image,world, game, text, story, graphics, music, live stream, etc.) created by the company to constitute and operate PLETORY services. (intended for visually verifiable materials and excludes programs and software which are used directly or indirectly in information processing devices such as computers). The copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property rights of any materials contained in the Service, including the selection and arrangement of the « PLETORY IP Content », are owned by PLETORY and are protected by applicable laws.
- Users understand that their User Content may be viewable by others, and PLETORY staff has access to it. Users can control who can access their content by adjusting their privacy settings. PLETORY endeavors to keep users’ private content confidential, but no technology is 100% secure. Users must also abide by the Community Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time.
- Users hold the copyright and intellectual property rights to their User Content, but they must create it based on the « PLETORY IP Content » and adhere to the company’s guidelines. Copyrights and intellectual property rights for « PLETORY IP Content » belong to the company, and data usage fees are the user’s responsibility.
- When users post their User Content on PLETORY, they grant the Company the right to use the content for machine learning and R&D purposes for PLETORY or with affiliates. Similarly, other users can use User Content on the PLETORY platform as long as they follow the Company’s guidelines. Users can limit the visibility of their content with the privacy settings.
- Users are solely responsible for their User Content and any claims arising from it, and PLETORY is not responsible. The company may review, manage, and delete User Content at its discretion but is not obligated to do so. The full PLETORY User Generated Content (UGC) Usage Guideline should be read.
4 – Community Guidelines
The purpose of these guidelines is to strike a balance between allowing PLETORY users to express themselves freely while ensuring that the service is used in a safe and enjoyable manner. Please refrain from sending hurtful messages to individuals who have not given their consent to receive them. It is important to be considerate of the content you send and who you send it to. While PLETORY may attempt to detect screenshots and notify the sender, it cannot guarantee complete protection of your messages or privacy. Additionally, please use PLETORY for lawful purposes only, and refrain from engaging in any illegal activities. If you suspect that someone you are communicating with is involved in unlawful activities, please refrain from viewing or sending such content.
- Nudity or sexually suggestive content involving minors (people under 18 years old)
- Minors engaged in activities that are physically dangerous and harmful
- Invasions of privacy
- Harassment or Bullying
Not abiding by these regulations can lead to the deletion of your User Content, your account suspension, and a ban from using PLETORY in the future. We urge you to follow these rules with sincerity and honor the intention behind them. These rules may change and grow with the PLETORY community, and we will strive to apply them consistently and impartially.
- Read the full Community Guideline
5 – Feedback
By providing any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding the Company or the Services, whether by email or otherwise (« Feedback »), you agree that it shall become the sole property of the Company and that it is non-confidential. The Company will have unrestricted use and dissemination of such Feedback for any purpose, whether commercial or not, without acknowledging or compensating you. You are waiving any rights you may have to Feedback, including any copyrights or moral rights. We always appreciate hearing from our users.
6 – Prohibited Activities
- Do not use the Services in a way that could interfere with or negatively affect other users’ ability to use the Services, or damage or impair the functioning of the Services in any way.
- Do not compromise the security of the Services.
- Do not send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, spam, solicitations, or promotional materials.
- Do not use any automated means or interface not provided by PLETORY to access the Services or extract data from them.
- Do not reverse engineer any aspect of the Services or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures designed to prevent or limit access to areas, content, or code of the Services.
- Do not use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization.
- Do not attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques applied by PLETORY, or try to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access.
- Do not download any portion of the Services, PLETORY IP Content, or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Services.
- Do not access the PLETORY API using an unauthorized or third-party client.
- Do not falsely indicate that you have a relationship with PLETORY or that PLETORY has endorsed you or your products or services without the company’s written consent.
- Do not engage in any harassing, intimidating, predatory conduct, or stalking.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with them.
- Do not violate the publicity, privacy, or data-protection rights of others, including by taking pictures of another individual without their consent.
- Do not infringe on any party’s patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary rights.
- Do not buy, sell, rent, lease, or offer in exchange for compensation any access to your PLETORY account, messages, username, or friend link without the company’s prior written consent.
- Do not develop any third-party applications that interact with User Content or the Services without PLETORY’s prior written consent.
- Do not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
7 – Your License to use the Services
To access our Services, you must create an account with PLETORY and maintain the security of your login details. The Company holds you responsible for any activities carried out through your account.
Additionally, you agree not to engage in any prohibited activities, including but not limited to copying, reproducing, modifying, selling, or distributing any part of our Services or related software without our explicit written consent.
8 – The Company Rights.
The Company and its licensors exclusively own all rights and interests in the Services, except for the Content provided by users. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. The Terms do not grant you the right to use the Company name or any of its trademarks, logos, domain names, or other distinct brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you provide regarding the Company or the Services are entirely voluntary, and we may use them as we deem appropriate without any obligation to notify you.
9 – Publishing Advertisements
In association with the Service operation of the Company, we may place advertisements directly on the Service webpage, through PLETORY or affiliated third parties.
10 – Displaying Paid Service Contents
- The Company will display the following information on the home page of any applicable paid service or FAQ to facilitate access to information:
- The name or title of the paid service;
- The name (name of the corporation if it is a corporation), address, and phone number of the paid service entity;
- The contents of the paid service, including how to use, usage fee, and other usage conditions.
- The minimum technical requirements for using our paid service are in accordance with recommended specifications, and the service is supported by compatible devices.
- When providing paid services, we inform you of the terms and procedures for exchanging, returning, and warranting the paid services, as well as refunding fees.
- Our policy and the criteria set by the payment method provider in Paragraph 1 above may subject you to a limit on the monthly cumulative payment amount and paid service purchase. If you exceed the limit, additional use of paid services may not be possible.
11 – Your Withdrawal
1) If you have subscribed to any paid service, you have the right to withdraw or cancel the agreement within a certain period of time as required by relevant laws. However, your right to withdraw may be restricted in the following situations where measures are taken to prevent or hinder your exercise of rights, such as explicitly indicating that withdrawal is not possible or providing trial products. In the case of subparagraph 2 below, your right to withdraw will only be limited if we provide a trial product or information about the digital content along with a notice that withdrawal is not possible.
- If you lose or damage the goods and it is your fault, except in cases where the package is damaged for confirmation of the contents;
- If the value of the goods has significantly decreased due to your use or consumption of a portion;
- If the value of the goods has significantly decreased over time making it difficult to resell;
- If the package of goods that can be easily copied has been damaged;
- If a service or digital content from Article 2 (5) of the Framework Act on the Promotion of Cultural Industries has been provided, except for divisible services or digital contents where the provision has not yet commenced;
- If you request to withdraw goods that are produced individually according to your order or similar goods which are expected to cause serious damage that cannot be recovered by the Company, and if we have notified
2) However, if the contents of our paid services do not match the display or advertising descriptions or differ from the contents of the agreement, you have the right to withdraw within a period of three (3) months from the provision of the goods or thirty (30) days from the date when you became aware or could have become aware of such a discrepancy.
3) You may terminate or cancel paid service use agreements if:
- The defect of the paid service cannot be compensated for or corrected within 30 days from the date of receiving the paid service.
- You withdrew or terminated the paid service use agreement because you do not consent to a change of the Terms.
4) Article 21 will govern the procedures for returns, exchanges, refunds, and cancellations between you and the Company, as they pertain to Paragraphs 1 and 2.
11 – Usage Period
The usage period or valid period of a paid service is indicated at the time of contract. Your right to use may expire for paid services which have exceeded usage or valid period.
12 – Compensation for Damages caused by Defective Goods
Compensation for your damages caused by defects in paid services will be in accordance with Guidelines for Protection of Content Users.
13 – Copyright Policy
- If the content you have posted violates applicable laws, such as the Information and Communications Network Act and the Copyright Act, you may request the suspension or deletion of the relevant post, following the procedures determined by applicable law. The Company will then take measures in accordance with applicable law.
- The Company may take provisional measures against contents that violate other companies’ policies and related laws, or if there is a reason to recognize an infringement of rights, even without a request by the right holder as per the preceding paragraph. The Company shall not be liable for such measures. In appropriate circumstances, the Company may terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be repeatedly infringing.
- The detailed procedures under this Article shall be subject to the request of the posting suspension service provided by the Company within the scope of the « Information and Communications Network Act » and the « Copyright Act. »
14. Our Disclaimer for Warranties
- By accessing or using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that you may be exposed to offensive, indecent, or objectionable materials from others, and you agree to accept such risk. Our website or Services may contain views that do not necessarily reflect our own, and we do not endorse or support certain content posted by you or other users.
- We provide security measures to protect your content, but we are not responsible for any damages resulting from its disclosure.
- Disclaimer for Warranties: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Services, website, application, and content, as well as the Company materials, are provided « as is, » without any express, implied, statutory, or other warranty. We do not guarantee that (a) the Services or materials will be constantly available, uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (b) the results obtained from the use of the Site, Services, or materials will be effective, accurate, or reliable; or (c) any errors or defects in the Site, Services, or materials will be corrected.
15 – Our Limitation on Liability
The Company Parties shall not be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, except where prohibited by law, resulting from (a) the use or inability to use the Services; (b) provision of the Services or any materials available therein; or (c) the conduct of other users of the Services, including their respective executives, directors, employees, or agents.
16 – Settling Disputes with the Company
- Any dispute between you and the Company must be based on your address at the time of the petition. If you have no address, the competent jurisdiction shall be the district court that has jurisdiction over your residence, unless agreed otherwise in writing. If your address or residence at the time of the petition is unclear, the district court of jurisdiction shall be determined in accordance with the Civil Proceedings Act.
- However, if you have an address or residence overseas, any lawsuit regarding a dispute with the Company shall be brought to the Seoul Central District Court of the Republic of Korea as the competent court, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph.
- Disclaimer: You and the Company both disclaim the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. We agree that it does not apply to the Services.
17 – Termination
- You can stop using our Services at any time.
- We may add, modify, or remove features or functionalities, and we may temporarily or permanently suspend or stop the Service. We may also add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
- In addition, termination of your account does not free you from any obligations of payment.
- If the Service is terminated or discontinued, then we will make a reasonable effort to notify you and provide an opportunity to retrieve your content.
18 – General Terms
- Severability: If any section of the Terms is found invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining sections of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver: Our failure to enforce or delay in enforcing the Terms against you does not mean we have waived our right to enforce the Terms.
- Assignment or Transfer: You are not allowed to transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement to a third party without our written consent. We may transfer our rights and obligations to you without your consent, except in cases where we are acquired, merge with another company, sell one of our Services, or as otherwise provided for by law.
- Complete Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and the Company regarding the Services and supersede any prior agreements between you and the Company regarding the Services. We may modify these Terms from time to time and will notify you of any material changes via a banner notice on our website or other appropriate means. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of any changes to the Terms constitutes your agreement to be bound by the revised Terms.
This terms came into force on 16/03/2023.